SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
Summer Youth Employment 2017 applications will be available Friday March 31, 2017
- Employment program for Keene youth ages 14-15 for six weeks during the summer
- Educates youth/parents regarding the everyday running of the City and local government
- 28 youth employed in over 8 different departments of the City
Any questions please call 603-357-9811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Youth Services is open Monday through Friday from 8 to 4.
Youth Services Mission:
- Strengthen community involvement in family and youth.
- Creating opportunities for positive community attachment.
- Empower youth to make responsible decisions
- Holding youth accountable for their actions.
Youth Services is comprised of four major program areas. These areas are Youth Intervention Program (YIP), Juvenile Court Diversion Program (JCC), Earn-It (EI), and City of Keene Summer Youth Employment Program (SYE). Visit our websites for resources and events for teens www.MonadnockTeens.organd for parents www.MonadnockParents.org.
- Community-based prevention program serving youth and families ages 7 through 18 years
- Strives to prevent inappropriate or unnecessary court involvement through referral and short-term case management services
- Educates youth, parents, police, school personnel, and community members on community resources and CHINS petitions
- Alternative intervention program for juvenile first time offenders ages 12-18
- Minimize a juvenile’s introduction into the justice system
- Encourage a sense of responsibility and accountability on the part of juvenile offenders for their illegal acts
- Program educates youth, parents, and community members about juvenile law and assists youth and families to gain access to local resources
- Victim restitution program which arranges work situation for young offenders enabling youth to work off community services and restitution orders from the court or diversion program
Educates youth, parents, community site supervisors and members about juvenile justice issues and assists them in accessing local resources