Adolescent Brief Intervention Program
Summary of Youth Intervention Program
The Youth Intervention Program is a program of Youth Services City of Keene. This program provides services to youth (age 7-18) and families in all the towns of Cheshire County.
- assists youth and families experiencing difficult times and tries to intervene during these crucial times with services, local resources, and referrals
- assists struggling youth and families by working together to develop a strategic case plan that holds the youth accountable and assists youth and families in accessing valuable resources in their community.
- The caseworker provides these services in a combination in locations including: telephone, home, agency, school, and in the office or in the community. The caseworker can meet with youth and families short-term to assess the youth and family, educate and provide resources and referrals and spend time working one-on one with youth and develop a plan to assist with family’s goals.
- The caseworker also will meet with a youth to work on behavioral issues, participate in healthy extracurricular activities, and create positive peer and adult connections in the community.
- Case management services is provided for families living in Cheshire County