FAQ's - Miscellaneous

Q: Where do I get a divorce or divorce records?

A: Divorces are handled in the Cheshire County Superior Court. Please call 1-855-212-1234 or visit the Superior Court web page for further information.

Divorce records between the dates of 1990 to within 6 months from the present search date are available in the City Clerk's Office.  Outside of the listed dates, the divorce records are available in the Cheshire County Probate Court.   Please call  1-855-212-1234 or visit New Hampshire Judicial Branch website for more information.

Q: How can I get a copy of my house deed?

A: Deeds are located in the Cheshire County building at 33 West Street in Keene. More information can be obtained by calling (603) 352-0403 or by visiting the Registry of Deeds website.

Q: How do I start a new business in Keene?

A: The City of Keene does not license businesses, however new business owners are encouraged to call the City of Keene Code Enforcement Department to verify their location is zoned properly for their intended use. Businesses are required to register with the State of New Hampshire Secretary of State. Their number is (603) 271-3246. For help in starting a small business, there is a Small Business Development Center located on the Keene State College Campus. Phone number is (603) 358-2602.

Q: How do I obtain a liquor license?

A: To request a liquor license contact the New Hampshire Liquor Commission at (603) 271-1722. Visit the NH State Liquor Commission web page for additional information.

Q: Where do I get a fishing/hunting license?

A: Licenses are available at many sporting goods stores or you may contact the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department at (603) 352-9669. Licenses are also available online! Visit the NH State Fish and Game web page for details.

Q: How do I get a passport?

A: Passports are obtained from the U.S. Postal Service. The phone number for the Keene Post Office is (603) 357-5610. The U.S. Postal Service web page has further information as well as downloadable forms for applying for a Passport.

Q: Where can I get a Social Security card?

A: There is a Social Decurity Office located in Keene at 9 Elm Street. Their phone number is 1-800-772-1213. Information regarding applying for a new or replacement card and downloadable application forms can be obtained online at the Social Security Administration website.